Monday, April 20, 2009

COACHELLAAAAAAA

Wow...well everyone I'm back. Coachella was amazing! 72 incredible hours, 60,000 people from all over the world, 100s of bands/djs, and about 16 total hours of sleep in 4 nights. Needless to say I had a great time and I'm exhausted.

Well, I had to make some sacrifices over the weekend...and wasn't able to see everyone I wanted due to overlapping (5 stages + the Do Lab + the Dome = Coachella '09 - you can't see everything, my philosophy was appreciate who you're seeing and don't worry about who you have to miss). I saw so many amazing performances, and had a great time. Here is my final line-up in the order I saw them:

Friday
Switch - DJ set
El Gran Silencio
Dear & the Headlights
Craze & Klever - DJ set
the Aggrolites
Noah & the Whale
We Are Scientists
Steve Aoki - DJ set
the Airborne Toxic Event
M. Ward
Felix da Housecat - DJ set
the Ting Tings
Buraka Som Sistema
Conor Oberst
Leonard Cohen
Morrissey
Paul McCartney

Saturday

Zizek Club - DJ set
Ida Maria
Drop the Lime - DJ set
Joss Stone
Para One
Surkin - DJ set
Henry Rollins - Spoken Word
Michael Franti & Spearhead
TV on the Radio
Fleet Foxes
Thievery Corporation - featuring the Talking Heads and Perry Farrell from Jane's Addiction
Band of Horses
M.I.A.
Band of Horses
the Chemical Brothers
MSTRKRFT - featuring John Legend

Sunday
Vivian Girls
No Age
Lucent Dossier Circus
Busy P
Brian Jamestown Massacre
Lykke Li
Peter Bjorn and John
Antony & the Johnsons
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Devendra Banhart
My Bloody Valentine
Public Enemy
the Orb
Throbbing Grsitle
the Cure
Etienne de Crecy


A few performances I heard floating through the field, but only caught a little of:

Silversun Pickups
Jenny Lewis
Friendly Fires
Franz Ferdinand
Atmosphere
Lupe Fiasco
Girl Talk
the Killers
Paul Weller
the Crystal Method
Perry Farrell
Crystal Castles
Groove Armada
Beruit

Okay pictures and experience to come later.

No comments: