Friday, March 11, 2011

Coachoosing

The sun's shining again, and you know what that means...Coachella.  Oh, you were thinking cuba libres by the pool, road trips, and the fact that you have to mow your lawn again?  Yeah, well, I guess it means that too...in my dreams.  Hey, but on that side-note, I'm really trying to work out a lifeplan that involves "summer" beginning in Arpil and ending in October, sort of a 1 part school/work/responsibility/blah to 1 part obligationless/meandering/vacation thing.  I haven't figured it out yet, but I'll keep you apprised.  Annyway, the music festival is just over a month away.  And in terms of Coachella prep, I've got some reeesearch left to do.


Doot deet doot deet doot deet.  By the way, I heard President Palmer's going to Coachella.
 
Now, I've got finals next week, so naturally I've decided to start my Coachoosing right now.  There's a billionish bands playing over the three days, so this prep may take a while.  But here's what my pre-festi groundwork is telling me so far:


Don't Miss Glasser

Background: A Los Angelino who makes music on GarageBand - or at least did 'til her newest album.  Oh, and her dad's in the Blue Man Group.
Sound: Electro-pop.  NME dubbed her the electro Join Mitchell.





Seriously Don't Miss Cold Cave

Background: A dude who used to make hardcore gets some band mates and metamorphoses into 80's British synth pop legends - or at least they would have been with this stuff in 80's Britain.
Sound: Dark synth-pop a la early Depeche Mode.

No comments: