Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wait There's More

So turns out it's pretty bad news when after attempting to boot up your computer, a frighteningly technical looking blue screen appears stating: UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME .

OM*@^FG is about what I thought after exhausting every little computer trick I knew to bypass the unknown source problem, which include pathetic attempts to start up in Safe Mode and a trip to the computer's BIOS set up menu, a special little settings menu that I have absolutely no clue what to do with.

What happened? The other night a storm in DC left a bit of city dark, apparently at the precise moment the power went out, my unlucky boss's personal computer was reading or writing a file and thus CORRUPTION!! At least that's the theory. So at this point I've spent a day and a half trying to fix this mess, which no I am not qualified to do...but somehow am in spite of my in-expertise; anyway, trying to fix it without having to wipe the hard drive...right my boss does not back up his files, ouch. No luck yet. I have a good feeling about tomorrow though.

Throughout this whole muddled up situation, I've had my computer with me while I work from his home attempting to fix everything. So today, I had a bit of downtime while trying to download a gigantic file holding the XP installation CD to boot up his computer from the CD. With the internet bogged down by the download, I was left with messing around with pictures. So I turned my attention toward my first PhotoMontage:


All the layers are cut-outs from pictures mostly taken in Eastern Europe. Bit trickier than I though it'd be, but I think I have successfully found a new activity to use "homework" time on.

No comments: