Thursday, November 6, 2008

iLike Movies



I recently re-evaluated a list I had made of my favorite movies, and all these made the cut, and I recommend them highly. Briefly:

1. The English Patient - So good, seriously, really good. This movie may be like a really good classic book though, it's pretty long, and some people may not have the stomach for it, but it's timeless and for a reason, because it's so good.
2. Lost in Translation - I love the cinematography, soundtrack, and it has the best use of comical circumstance/hilarious tragedy I've ever seen.
3. The Royal Tenenbaums - I never get tired of this film, I love it; it's witty, dark, ironic, and absurd and the soundtrack once again is incredible.
4. Kill Bill - This movie is incredibly gory, to the point where it is kind of funny even, and very entertaining as a whole.
5. Goodbye Lenin! - A foreign film, and once again another tragic-comedy, but this is also heartwarming and German.
6. Fargo - Wow, loved it, not too long, only an hour and a half; full of incredible dark humor, and the midwest.
7. The Science of Sleep - Foreign film, whimsical, conflicted, Michel Gondry, enough said.
8. Les Triplettes de Belleville - As far as animated films go, this is one of my favorites, I will say I think it may be a love it or hate it though; for me, it's artistic, odd yet kitchy, involves cycling, and fun to look at.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked Lost in Translation so much I want to see it again. Bill Murray is an all-time fave, and furthermore Scarlett Johansson has never been more adorable. The scene where they "slept together" and he touched her foot was probably the best love scene in all of moviedom. p.s. I like your other picks too.

Kimberly said...

thanks, i like it a lot too.